Monday, June 8, 2009

The Bear Project

Here's a little project that I've been putting off for a while now.
One of our neighbors is a wood carver. We traded him a bit of tractor work and some tree stumps for some carving. He used a chainsaw to do the rough carving, and turned a couple of our old tree stumps into great big bears. Since much of the time he spends on these carvings
is sanding and the finish work, he left them roughsawn and told me to finish them. So, I've been working on them for several weeks now. It's was a very messy, dirty job with all the sawdust ending up in you eyes and your ears...basically all over you! Well, here we are...the 3 bears and I... (I'm the one on the right with the stain and brush).

3 comments:

  1. Those will be awesome!! Lucky you for having the saame mule for 21 years. I am getting ready to take on a three year old after she has 60 days training with a professional trainer. Any clues?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crazy Mule Lady.....I envy you the fun challenges that you have to look forward to with you new, young mule. My situation with Polly was very similar. She also was a very green 3-year-old and had only 60 days of profession training...I took over from there...good and bad. Clinics yes, lots of trial and error...mules NEVER forget, always be kind and never abusive. A young mule needs to learn to trust you...very important that when you ask something of it that what your asking is something sensible...don't let the mule get bored, keep her mind busy. So much to learn and so little time...most importantly HAVE FUN!!!!

    ReplyDelete